Our Attorneys Fight for Maximum Compensation following Jackknifing Truck Accidents
Defining a Jackknife Accident
Jackknifing is a notoriously common term within the trucking community. It occurs when a truck skids and causes the trailer to swing out towards the truck's cab, resembling the blade and handle of a jackknife. These accidents also have a high probability of rollover and can lead to devastating personal injuries for the truck driver, other drivers, and surrounding parties.
Why Does Jackknifing Happen?
The most common causes of jackknifing accidents are:
- Improperly designed or maintained roads
- Inclement weather or slick roads
- Negligent driving or speeding
- Improperly maintained trucks
- Incorrectly loaded trucks
- Defective truck parts
- Driver locking the incorrect axle brakes
Determining the cause of the accident is crucial in determining which party is responsible for paying for the damages obtained as a result of the event.
Our objective is to get you the maximum compensation, and we have a proven track record in motor vehicle accidents and trucking accident cases.
Due to the nature of trucking accidents, there may be multiple parties responsible for the jackknifing incident. These include the:
- Owner of the truck
- Company that leased the truck
- Company that loaded the truck
Because each of these parties will be protected by their own insurance company and legal team, you need a lawyer on your side who will represent your best interests at all times. Our legal team is familiar with these types of cases and can help build a compelling case that holds up against potential defenses.
Why You Need a Lawyer
If you are involved in an accident with a jackknifing truck, hiring a lawyer is essential. A lawyer can help:
- Illustrate the cause: Lawyers typically work with accident reconstruction experts to help recreate the accident and determine what caused the event.
- Determine liability: Accidents involving trucks are unique because there can be several parties at fault. A lawyer can help you hold the responsible party accountable for their actions.
- Get medical care: Your recovery is our priority. We offer contingency-based services so that you do not have to pay until we win your case.
- Add up your damages: Your injury can permanently affect your quality of life. In addition to the medical bills and loss of wages incurred from your accident, a lawyer can create a summary of how the injury will affect you for the rest of your life.
- Secure the maximum compensation: A lawyer is on your side. Our attorneys make it a priority to get you the maximum compensation possible and have recovered over $500 million for clients as a result.
Jackknifing accidents are a unique scenario with potentially devastating consequences. Our attorneys understand the fundamentals of these accidents and know where to look for evidence and how to build a strong, compelling case.
Speak to a Lawyer
Because jackknifing is a common occurrence in truck accidents, determining the cause is crucial to determining who is responsible for paying damages. A lawyer can help you find answers to these questions. Our firm offers free consultations and we have a proven track record in motor vehicle accidents and trucking accident cases. Call us at (510) 444-5020 or contact us online to schedule your case review.