Bicycle accidents can occur quickly and with devastating results for cyclists, who have limited protection. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident, the proven attorneys at Bennett Johnson, LLP, can represent you. We will fight for your right to compensation, creating a tight case that takes all the details of the accident into account. At the same time, when you choose a bicycle accident lawyer at our Oakland, Napa, and Santa Maria, CA, firm, you will benefit from our compassionate approach. We know that you have suffered significant trauma. Accordingly, we will make the legal proceedings as stress-free as possible. Further, we offer free consultations, and we work on a contingency basis. Therefore, you will not pay until your case has successfully closed.
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycles are small, and they frequently have their own lanes amid rows of heavy motor vehicle traffic. Thus, they are particularly susceptible to collisions. Common causes of bicycle accidents include the following.
- Dangerous road conditions: Uneven roads or loose gravel can pose particular dangers to cyclists. They can also lead to more severe injuries, such as skin lacerations.
- Distracted driving: Far too many drivers are talking on the phone, texting, eating, or engaging in other activities. These behaviors are particularly dangerous for cyclists, who are already easier to miss than motor vehicle drivers.
- Drivers who do not leave enough space for cyclists: Sometimes drivers will simply not see a bicycle. Other times, they will grow impatient and try to pass when there is not enough room.
- Door accidents: In some instances, drivers of parked cars will open their doors just in time to hit a cyclist coming quickly down the bike lane.
- Crashes on left hand turns: Drivers making a left hand turn are legally required to yield to oncoming traffic. Nevertheless, many times, they do not look closely and miss an approaching bicycle.
At Bennett Johnson, LLP, we believe that you should not pay a cent if you were injured due to someone else’s negligence.