Meet Your Personal Injury Attorney, Richard C. Bennett
Representing Wrongfully Injured Victims Since 1974
Richard C. Bennett co-founded Bennett Johnson, LLP, in 1975. He received his legal education from the University of San Francisco, where he earned his Juris Doctorate, and holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley. Rick was admitted to the California State Bar in 1974.
If two things can be said about Rick, it is that he treats his clients as if they were his own family members, and that he is at the same time thorough, tenacious, and tough. He is defined by his compassion, respect, and high professional and ethical standards, which are critical to effective legal representation.
Since launching the firm, Rick has successfully arbitrated, and reached verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients exceeding $750,000,000. He rises to the challenge when clients come to him with seemingly impossible cases, including those rejected by other firms.
His knowledge and experience have allowed him to secure some of the highest personal injury awards for cases in Solano, Orange, Kern, Fresno, Santa Barbara, Napa, Alameda, San Francisco, and Los Angeles Counties. Rick is also a popular instructor and lecturer in several areas of legal education.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trial Attorneys
- Elected as a Northern California Super Lawyer®
- Member of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of California
- Member of the Alameda/Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the National Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Certified as a personal injury, medical malpractice, and products liability “expert” by ATLA
- Member of the Brain Injury Association of America
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubble® and peer reviewed as AV preeminent™
- Co-Founder of Alameda County Pro Bono and Voluntary Legal Services